Posted by iPiccy
on Sep 11, 2015 in Articles & Tutorials
Thanks for your interest in guest posting on iPiccy.com! We are always interested in receiving well-written, unique posts from a variety of standpoints which will encourage and inspire our app users. This should answer most inquiries about how to write for iPiccy.
Benefits for You:
- You’ll get two links back to your site/blog/product and will receive traffic from iPiccy.
- We’ll advertise your post through all our channels. Write quality and useful posts and it will get more exposure from us.
- The best authors will receive an offer from iPiccy. You can earn good money by creating quality content for us!
What are we interested in:
- Step by step text and video tutorials (using iPiccy editor) with great final results
- Guides about creating new images/designs (using iPiccy Blender, Collage maker, Painter).
- Even some basic stuff like how to use specific tool (or several tools) “like a PRO” to achieve stunning results.
- Helpful photography and design guides & tips
Before submitting your post or idea, please note the following guidelines:
- Write a post with insanely useful content. Always ask: “How can readers benefit from this?”
- Offer fresh content that has not been published before.
- Ensure that your post does not violate any copyright laws.
- If your post does not follow the guidelines, you may not receive a response from us.
- Images must be minimum 1024 px wide.
- In case you have widescreen: Shrink your browser before making a screenshot to get rid of empty spaces in screen-shots.
- Get rid of advertising in screenshots: everything must be clean. Just iPiccy editor.
- Get rid of your browser elements (no tabs, bookmarks, URL bar etc).
Look at this and this tutorial in order to understand how great images must look like.
- Have an introduction that attracts interest and makes the reader want to read further.
- Use headings, subheadings, bold font for key sentences and bulleted lists so it is easy to read.
- Have a conclusion.
- Have a call to action for readers after the conclusion.
- Length of the article(tutorial) have to be enough to make a good coverage of the topic and 800-1500 words long (If you aren’t sure what your word count is, the Word Count Tool is handy: http://www.wordcounttool.com).
- Have a killer title. You can read a great guide for writing headlines here: https://blog.bufferapp.com/headline-formulas.
- Please make a concerted effort to use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. Due to time constraints, submissions which require excessive editing cannot be accepted.
- Make sure any links in your post are relevant and valid. Links deemed to be irrelevant to the main idea of your post will be removed without notice. Likewise, any non-working links will be removed without notice.
Thanks again for your interest in guest posting. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Send to us:
- Short info about you: your name, what you are doing and short bio, your site/blog url.
- Square post thumbnail (min 512 x 512 px) in order to attract readers. It must be related to article topic.
- Text body in HTML or in a Word(*.doc, *.rtf, *.docx) document (with image placeholders inside like: image_01…text… image_02). No actual images inside.
- Images attached separately (with attribution if you use someone else image)
- Author bio (about 40 words). Maximum 2 links allowed. A sample author bio is: “Michael Smith is a photographer and educator at yourblogaddress.com, a blog about photography tips for beginners. Grab his free eBook, eBookName”.
- Any additional materials (textures, designs for tutorial etc)
- We retain the copyright of all material published on iPiccy. A guest poster cannot republish their guest post elsewhere; it must remain unique to iPiccy.
- The iPiccy team reserves the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, and update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
How to start?
Contact us and tell us about the idea of the post/tutorial you have in mind or send your ready-made post (as ZIP package) for consideration.
Use “I want to write article/tutorial for iPiccy” as a Subject in contact form.